Tuesday, October 17, 2006

SHAWN'S CORNER


Hi, My name is Shawn David Lee. I am 8 years old and have Asperger's Syndrome. I have been helping my mom at shows most every weekend, and selling my art tiles. She said I could tell you a little bit about them and my designs on our blogspot :).

I love to paint and draw. I am a budding artist. I have two dogs, Bubba, a nine year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi and BeBe, a one year old Jack Russell/Rat Terrier we rescued from Animal Control while looking for our "lost" Corgi Beaner. Since I love animals so much, I recently created a Cat Design and a Dog Design. My grandma and me decided to put them on tiles and make "hotplates" out of them. I have been selling them at shows very succesfully and plan on making some more animal designs in the near future.

The Art Tiles are for sale. Each tile is $5.00 and be ordered here on our blogspot. If you want me to ship it to you I can for $5.95 each. We can also combine ship them (at a reduced shipping rate) and include a gift card if it's a present. You can use them has hot pads or just display them on an easel as art. They make GREAT HOLIDAY GIFTS.

My mom and I decided that 5% of the proceeds I collect for the tiles will be donated to the Michigan Humane Society (www.michiganhumane.org) and 5% to the Autism Society of Michigan (www.autism-mi.org). I hope I can help homeless animals and also families with children who have autism through the sales of my art. I want to help others who are not as lucky as I am.

Thank you for your time and for considering my artwork.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Shawn David Lee

P.S. If you would like to learn more about Asperger's Syndrome you can go to:
Autism Asperger Publishing Company at www.asperger.net Many famous people have been diagnosed with forms of Asperger's, including Bill Gates and Dan Ackroyd.

NOTE: Shawn, I am so proud of you! I love you! Thank you Grandma for being such a wonderful mentor to Shawn! Love, Mom

No comments: